Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Never Tell a Lie


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Never Tell a Lie
By Hallie Ephron
Publication Date: January 6

A young couple are about to have their first child. A woman from their past shows up at their yard sale. She goes inside their house, and she never comes out. Relentlessly fast-paced and disturbingly creepy, Hallie's new standalone is a page-turning thrill ride about how well we know the people we love, and how far we are willing to go to protect the secrets of our past.

I'm not a huge fan of thrillers, but ever since I read the description for this one, I've been intrigued. Just the phrase "...and she never comes out" sucks me in...

Has anyone read her 1001 Books for Every Mood?

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2008/09/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html. I want to preorder now...lol!

Yasmin said...

Another Meme...I like it...I'm following...here's mine.
Be forewarned most books I read are by and about African Americans...but I do read other books from the NYTimes best-sellers list. ;)
http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/2008/09/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

Yasmin said...

Hey Jill and thanks so much for stopping by. So were you a publicist or editor in your former life? Email me...I have a couple of other questions for you...
apooo4u at yahoo dot com
Look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up about the new Wally Lamb book. I hope it lives up to his others.

Anonymous said...

Mine is up...

http://novelthoughts.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/waiting-on-wednesday/

Lenore Appelhans said...

Mine is here .

AS King's The Dust of 100 Dogs is my MUST READ NOW (too bad I have to wait) choice!!

Marie Cloutier said...

Whenever I see a blurb with a description like that, or one that promises secrets revealed or the like, I'm hooked senseless :-)

Anna said...

That description has intrigued me as well.

--Anna
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com

Linda Jacobs said...

I agree with you that the description really grabs the reader. I'll be looking for it, for sure!