Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Millionaires

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Millionaires: A Novel of the New South
By Inman Majors
Publication Date: January 26

From Amazon:
A brilliant novel of new money and old manners, crossing The Great Gatsby with the spirit of Tom Wolfe.

I haven't read anything by this author before, but when I read the pre-pub alert in Publisher's Weekly, it immediately made my TBR list.

What not-yet-released book are you anxiously awaiting?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book goes on my list, too. Yesterday I added Sarah Vowell's The Wordy Shipmate, due out in October, I believe. She makes history hip.

Kristen at www.thefamilythatreadstogether.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of this book before, but it does sound good. I posted a blurb about the event today. Thanks to Gustav, I am running a bit behind. I'll have a book for next Wednesday though. :)

Unknown said...

I'm excited for The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks that comes out September 30th!! Woot! Woot!

Anonymous said...

I posted mine on my blog. We're looking forward to some upcoming children's fantasy books.

http://booksandmovies.today.com/2008/09/10/waiting-on-wednesday/

Shana said...

This one sounds really good.

Is there a list somewhere of upcoming books and their release dates?

Shana
Literarily

Jill said...

Shana, actually, I just read various magazines(Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Kirkus) and look up the ones I'm interested in on Amazon to get a publication date.