Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Salon: Catching My Breath


Happy Sunday, bloggers!

Last Sunday night saw our arrival home from the trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was a great vacation...beautiful weather, brand-new resort, fun friends, plenty of relaxation time. We flew back over Cuba just hours before Hurricane Ike stormed through that area.

I took several books with me (post here)...and I ended up reading Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs the entire time. It was a perfect choice...I'm not a great flyer, so I stick to lighter reading material, like magazines and beach books, so that I can keep my mind on other things, like helping the pilot fly the plane! :) And, we traveled with such a large group that what I read at the beach/pool needed to be something I could pick up and put down easily.

It's probably not something that I would have finished/enjoyed at home, but it was what it was...an easy vacation read.

I've got stacks upon stacks of books that came in while I was away, so my choices are almost overwhelming! But, it's a good problem to have, right?

I'll be finishing up Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek today...and maybe sneaking in a movie with my mom (The Women).

Couple of housekeeping notes...I'd love you to join in on "Waiting On" Wednesday, a weekly event that spotlights a soon-to-be-released book that I'm greatly anticipating.

Also, it's not too late to register for my giveaway of House & Home by Kathleen McCleary. Scroll down for details!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for coming by my blog this morning. You have a lovely first name! And thanks for the JCO recommendation!

Another Jill blogger~~~~
http://mrstreme.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

So glad you had fun. I have heard lots about Susan Wiggs. I really need to try one of her books.

Wendy said...

I have Tomato Girl on my stack too :)I just saw Meg Ryan on David Letterman talking about her new movie "The Women" and was thinking it looked good. Hope you'll let us know how you liked it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Sounds like a fun vacation. I'm not much of a Wiggs fan but I know she has lots of followers. I do have Tomato Girl which I hope to get to this week; it looks like my kind of book.

The Bookworm said...

sounds like a beautiful vacation.
enjoy your reading.

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Wendy, I saw the Letterman interview, too, and I have really been looking forward to this movie.

Unfortunately, it wasn't that great... :(

S. Krishna said...

I'm really looking forward to reading Just BReathe...