Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Inside the Readers' Studio

In a "getting to know you" post, Rebecca at The Book Lady's Blog decided to "borrow this questionnaire from my good buddy James Lipton (love him!) at Inside the Actors Studio," so I thought I'd participate.

What is your favorite word? Y'all

What is your least favorite word? Ya'll

More on this here.

What turns you on (creatively, spiritually or emotionally)? Well-read people

What turns you off (creatively, spiritually or emotionally)? People who, amazingly, profess openly not to read...at all

More on that here.

What sound or noise do you love? The sound of my three young nieces calling my name

What sound or noise do you hate? Leaf blowers!! Why oh why is it that every time I go outside to read, every single homeowner in my neighborhood fires this contraption up for what seems like forever?

What is your favorite curse word? S*it...more precisely, preceded by "piece of..." (Not at my husband, for clarity's sake! It's just what I most commonly use to describe anything or anyone I don't like.)

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I would love, love to be a librarian. Also, and this may sound strange, I've always wanted to be a postman (woman?) for a day.

What profession would you not like to do? Nurse...I'm so glad there are people out there that can/want to do this. God love 'em...

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome. You deserve to be here.

No comments: