Thursday, September 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Autumn Reading


Here's this week's question:


Autumn is starting, and kids are heading back to school–does the changing season change your reading habits? Less time? More? Are you just in the mood for different kinds of books than you were over the summer?


No matter the season, I'm always going to set aside time to read.

One of my favorite warm-weather reading spots is in the front of our boat anchored down in the middle of the lake...but I can just as easily change that spot in colder weather to right in front of the fireplace.

(Note: College football does put a dent in my fall Saturday reading time.)

As far as content, I probably let some books slide through in the summer that I wouldn't other times...that is, I'm much more likely to pick up a lighter read for the beach/pool/lake, one that may not have made my list any other time of year.

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Our answers are similar.

Anonymous said...

The beginning of football season always means more reading time for me, since my hubby is an ESPN junkie and I couldn't really care less...funny how that works.

S. Krishna said...

I'm much more likely to read a heavier book in the winter than in the summer!

Unknown said...

I tend to agree with you too. I didn't start doing that till this summer. I read Barefoot, which was little heavier than a light read. But, if I read light, I would like something with substance. I am not a Danielle Steele type. I did enjoy Barefoot, in fact I am passing it around. I would recommend it, for next summer. It takes place on the beach.