Monday, September 15, 2008

Book Blogger Appreciation Week, Day One


It's finally here...the chance to celebrate book blogging and find out about others' blogs. My Friend Amy has done a great job organizing this.

The gloom and doom news tries to tell us that reading is dead, we say look at our addiction. We transform reading books from solitary activities to shared conversations through our blogs. We carve out extra time to share book club tips, interview authors, and learn about the technical aspects of blogging. Our blogs are like a part-time job and the only payment is the pleasure we get when someone takes us up on a recommendation.

To get us started...write a post thanking or highlighting the book blogs you love to read!


I know we all have a HUGE list of blogs we follow, and it's hard to narrow it down to just a few to spotlight. Like picking a favorite child (or, in my case, niece)...they all bring different personalities to the table, and you love them all.

Here are three that come to mind:

Lesa's Book Critiques: This is one of the first blogs I started following when I launched my own. This gal updates every single day, and she was so very helpful when I came to her with questions.

S. Krishna's Books: We share the same taste in books, and she's a very frequent updater, which I love.

Booking Mama: Again, same taste in books, and her blog is just fun to read.

3 comments:

Julie P. said...

Thanks for the mention! I love your blog too and read it everyday!

LaShaunda said...

I’m part of the Book Blogger Appreciation week and I wanted to thank you for all you do to help promote books.

S. Krishna said...

Thank you! At risk of repeating Julie from Booking Mama, I am a daily reader of your blog and love it!